Sunday, June 14, 2009

What does a superheroine look like?



Not that.

That
is a
fan-made image of Megan Fox as Wonder Woman circulating the internet.

I was already spewing over Scarlett Johansson as deadly Russian super-spy Black Widow, and I like Scarlett Johansson. So I nearly choked when I saw the image above. Surely this can't be true? I thought, clicking desperately trying to find information on the (latest) casting rumours of the on-again, off-again, perpetually in the planning stages Wonder Woman film.

And lo, I found what Megan Fox herself had to say about potentially portraying one of the most iconic female comic book superheroes.
“Wonder Woman is a lame superhero… She flies around in her invisible jet and her weaponry is a lasso that makes you tell the truth. I just don’t get it. Somebody has a big challenge on their hands whoever takes that role but I don’t want to do it.”
Oh thank Christ. Megan Fox, I and countless others don't want your skinny ass anywhere near a film adaptation of any comic books superhero ever, ever, EVER. Wonder Woman especially. Stay the heck away from She-Hulk while you're at it, if that particular rumour is true. Oh hell, just don't even think about touching any character with ovaries in the entire DCU and Marvel Universe (at least). Just don't, for the love of kittens, don't!

Superhero women are
heroes, not hotties trying to act. This is what superheroines look like:







Strong. Fearless. Smart. Active. Humane. Powerful. Selfless. Courageous. Skilled. Just. Spunky.
Hopeful. Spirited. Heroic.

Look
, the photo-shopped image of Megan as WW is kinda cool, but I doubt those twig arms would know their way around a haymaker punch and I seriously doubt Ms. Fox's acting prowess could pull off the emotional complexity of double-life-leading crime-fighters. The point of the image is 'Aw, Megan Fox is hot in a Wondy suit!' Whereas a superhero is so much more.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed the Transformers movie.
    except every moment that Megan Fox was on screen.

    I mean, my reaction was:
    "Wow, she's really pretty. Ridiculously pretty.
    Look at her face... it's like she knows!
    Man... she's annoying. Stuck up cow.
    I hope Optimus Prime sits on you."

    I mean, I like girls, but overly attractive girls unnerve me.
    That video on youtube pretty well sums up my opinion of her... that she is, in fact, some kind of nerdy computer programmer's wet dream and nothing more.

    AND WONDER WOMAN IS LAME, HOW EXACTLY???

    ReplyDelete